Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.22.2006

Video file conversion is such a pain

I thought converting Real Media files (.rm,.rmvb) is the only file conversion hell that I need to deal with. I didn't realize that converting Quicktime file to .avi or .divx is also a pain by itself.

After a few attempts to find conversion tool, I found this River Pass Video Cleaner with this tutorial about how to make it work.

The first thing I found out is that I need to fully install it install on just create a green version from installed. I, of course, figured it out by trying it myself.

Then, I need to reinstall Storm Codec. Rm was being recognized then. In fact, I found out that with StormCodec, Video Past Video Cleaner is equally capable to handle Real Audio file. Nice.

But when I convert the QuickTime to xvid, I got a tiny file (1Mb) which crashed the Classic Player. I work around this by first choose Xvid, and then bring up the option screen, and choose Default. Convertion success with OK size. Problem solved.

But finally (now) I stucked at a point. I have three real video file. One got successfully converted. Two failed. In fact, the two failed one successfully played on the media player, but failed on both River Past Video Cleaner and the Pocket DVD Studio.

So ... yeah I am stucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home