Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.16.2005

Supercard 1.52 firmware and old GBA Realtime save

Those of you who used SuperCard for a long time to play GameBoy Advanced game with Realtime save may have experienced the shock when you realized that after your upgrade the SuperCard firmware to 1.50, all your previous SuperCard realtime save was failed to load. The firmware 1.52 fixed the problem, and I confirmed it by trying out all 22 of the GBA Readltime Save game that I had.

However, there's a minor problem, and I think that problem has nothing to do with 1.52. In fact that problem may have exist for a long while already. When I have the realtime save game of the following games loaded up:

- Legend Of Zelda - Link To The Past
- F Zero
- Game and Watch Advance

They all have some sort of problem. Zelda loaded up with a tower map, but after I press any key, I got a black screen with the sound and the game continue running. Same case happened for F-Zero. For Game and Watch Advance, I got regular game playing with anonying beep sound at the back and some messed up screen.

Solution: First load the game without using Realtime save. Use the regular save file to start the game. I have aregular save file for the spot near the place I do realtime save, so I will be OK. This is also another good reason why it's definitely necessary step to save your regular save (.sav) whenever it's possible.

My explaination is that some data was not saved using RealTime save, and those data was loaded if you play the game in regular sequence. By playing the game in regular way until the point close to RealTime save, you loaded up the proper data in the memory. Combining with realtime save and you get the right game play continuing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

granny thumbs anal they were more Who is mulberry? All true, but how else? class) I ponra) especially! super original Interesting Login or register, but you should add more articles Few feelings .. but nice ... and how difficult it is to your own blog? Yeah, sure, that there still might say.

5:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

minecraft for free

3:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home