Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.05.2007

Properly use RockBox

There was a reason why the firmware writing of the iRiver iHP-140 didn't put in a lot of features that found cool with RockBox (a open source firmware running on iHP-140), like games, auto bookmarking, auto song catalog re indexing. That's because all these activities suck up battery life deal to the fact that they all involve spinning up and down the harddisk frequently. I experienced the problem first handed when I constantly use the device for various purpose yesterday, and saw the battery life went downhill in a tremendous way.

Still, if using the device as just the mp3 player, RockBox is still, well, rocking. And the dual boot environment really gives me the best of both world. I am still glad that I didn't brought iPod Classic 80Gb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home