Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

1.27.2007

once again, "USB 2.0 To IDE Cable" To the rescure

I was frustrated by the failed Windows Server 2003 installation, while at the same time trying to get myself back to productive mode as soon as possible. So I was thinking of copying the old partition to my new hard disk.

So I started the Acronis Disk Director 9.0 bootup disk. Unfortunately, Acronis cannot recognize disk on Firewire chain. So I removed my old harddisk from the Firewire enclosure and hooked it up with USB 2.0 to IDE Cable , and reboot. Well, it worked! The Acronis sees all the USB drives! So I copied the partition from the external USB harddisk into the desktop machine. Reboot, and woo! The machine is back in business.

Glad that I got that USB to IDE cable!