Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

9.24.2006

Sucked into a Vista world

Sigh. I was already taking a save appraoch, leaving my all so working and faithful Windows XP partition hided and then created a brand new partition for Windows Vista RC1. But the result? The Windows XP was not bootable again no matter how hard I tried. I even tried using Windows XP recovery disc. Still no luck. So now I am assumed that the old Windows XP OS was dead, and I have to live with the Vista RC1 from now on until the RC2 or .... errr.. the final release.

In the meantime, I was trying to have some fun along the way. It's good that Areo worked on my currrent hardware, althought it's a bit sluggish, but hell at least it works. I encountered problem with Trillian which caused temperory disabling on Aero. By following the trick provided here, I was able to make Trillan 3 Pro working OK wiht Aero again. I actually tried turn off Aero, but I didn't see the system performance had any significant increase, so I turned it on again.

I found out that photo viewer doesn't scale up well for JPEG graphics. This is kind of lame comparing with the old Windows XP. Hope they got that one fixed before the final release.

I found that Vista RC1 is easier to config multiple audio devices. I have both internal sound card and a M-Audio Firewire Solo. Both worked pretty OK.

Divx thumbnail can really screw the system. So I have to turn on the "always show icon, never show thumbnail" file view option, or else the system crashes whenever I went to the Daily Show video collection directory.

More crazy comment later.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

kate spade handbags, polo ralph lauren, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, prada handbags, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, nike shoes, ray ban outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet online, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, kate spade outlet online, red bottom shoes, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, true religion, coach purses, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co jewelry, true religion outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, oakley vault, jordan shoes, burberry outlet online, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet

8:16 AM

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, reebok shoes, bottega veneta, ugg soldes, marc jacobs outlet, celine handbags, ugg boots, vans outlet, longchamp, soccer shoes, hollister, nfl jerseys, herve leger, lululemon outlet, chi flat iron, valentino shoes, p90x workout, new balance outlet, instyler ionic styler, north face jackets, ghd, rolex watches, nike huarache, canada goose outlet, birkin bag, insanity workout, ugg outlet, uggs outlet, mont blanc pens, ugg outlet, giuseppe zanotti, uggs on sale, roshe run, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, babyliss pro, beats headphones, canada goose, ugg, mcm handbags, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, nike trainers, asics shoes, wedding dresses, jimmy choo shoes

8:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home