Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

5.20.2006

Lousy NDS case protector

Remember a lot time ago (like last year) I was talking about the $25 case protector for my classic Nintendo DS? Well, I finally concluded that it's a crappy purchase for several reasons.

First of all, the plastic case does not really did a good job of protecting my NDS at all. I can clearly see the scratch caused by the friction between the NDS and the plastic shell. Second, it's too heavy. It's about 1/4 of the weight of NDS. It might not sound like a big deal until I started to intensively playing some platform games like Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Brothers DS. The extra weight actually caused my arm hurt. Third, which is a reason related to Mario gameplay, I cannot play Mario 64 DS with the plastic shell on. The extra shell size makes it extremely hard to use the pointer on the screen as analog stick.

But then I don't want to just leave the NDS in my bag naked. So until I find a better solution, I will continue using that plastic shell.

And speaking of my NDS, I found my wrist hurting these days as I played New Super Mario Bros and Mario 64 NDS intensely. To a certain extend I am totally the one to blame since my grab the controller too tight when I was tense. In fact, this may be a great reminder for myself to loosen up as a whole since playing video game is more of less like dancing (.....): the more relax you are, the better you perform. I really should train myself to relax and loosen up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home