Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.29.2004

I was not aware of the shortcoming on the financial software I used on Palm called PocketMoney until today. I have a need to export the data from PocketMoney to Quicken, and found that the export was very lousy, or should I say NOT WOKRING! A lot of garbage was generated in the .qif file. As a result, I have to give up my plan on moving those date to my desktop. I was upset, but not the-end-of-the-world kind of upset. I am, though, happy that I realize the problem now, so that I can make the decision of switching to another Financial software called SplashMoney right away.

SplashMoney does a better job of exporting, but I was particularly impressed by the report feature the program itself provides. Hopefully I will stay with this program for a while.

Along the way, I found something that irritated my about Quicken: starting from Quicken 2005, most account in the program will NOT support QIF import, that��s a big blow for us user who rely on it to sync the Pocket Financial app with the Desktop Quicken. So I guess I have to stay with Quicken 2004 for a while until the Pocket apps finally catch up and implemented OFX support.

On the positive note, my development OS (on VMWare) was finally successfully upgrade to WinXP SP2. Previous it has problem even after I removed StyleXP. I finally resolved the issue by booting up the system under Safe mode. There I could successfully install WinXP SP2.

Another good thing: I found a patch that allows my machine to support Palm OS 5.2 Sound manager. That means many audio app that used to work on Palm branded OS 5 machine will also work on my NX70V. For instance, PocketTune now works with my Palm, this is very good because PocketTune can handle lower MP3 compression than my build in Sony Clie MP3 Player.

The good thing about Palm is that everytime I install new application in it, it��s like injecting new life in it. I suddenly feel like I have a brand new device when an install a new app on my Clie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home