Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

10.28.2004

A mistake that cost me one dance lesson, HK$17.50 and 1.5 hours


By the time I was standing in front of a closed studio room at the 10th floor of the Yan Fook Church, I realized something was not right. It was supposed to be a praise band gathering for the band playing this Sunday morning during Sunday service, or so I thought. After looking at my PDA and took a moment to retrospect about what was going on, a realization suddenly popped up in my head like a pan slammed right at my forehead.

I made a mistake. A mistake that cost me 1.5 hours of commute time, HK$17.50 of bus fee and an opportunity to take a dance class.

As it turns out, there WILL be indeed a band practice on Wednesday, but it's on next Wednesday, not this Wednesday. I was simply mistakenly associated a band practice that will be held tomorrow (Thursday) as a last-minute-changed Wednesday practice. In fact, I even called the team leader Matthew and asked how come he's not here.

Damn. Stupid stupid mistake.

Frankly, everyone makes mistake once in a while. It's just that when I make mistake, I instantly trying to quantify it. I don't know if it's from my software engineer instinct, or simply because I am a typical miser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home