Computer Knowledge. Gadget. Anime. Design. Dance. Hong Kong Life. Stuff like that.

12.19.2009

Google desktop search seems to do the magic

I started trying Google Desktop Search and was pretty pleased with the feature. Some features that impressed me are:
  • Hot key works with apps like "Remote Desktop Connection"
    For some reason Launchy stopped working with some application short cut mapped to "All User", like "Remote Desktop Conenction". However, the Google launch bar has no problem launching it.
  • Search actually works
    I searched "SMR, bitmpa" and it instantly pull up a note that I wrote a while ago. Sure the index took almost a day, but since it's running on the background at night in the office while I was happily sleeping in my bed at home, I can care less.
I was originally planned on trying out "Copernic Desktop Search 3.2.1 - English" as plan B, but looks like I don't have to as of now. I will still, though, mixing between Launchy and Google Taskbar.